Tips for a Successful Garage Sale
1. Shoppers more often stop for full tables and large items. Bookcases, dressers, toys, and tools attract traffic.
2. Dealers and collectors visit sales, so clearly display one-of-a-kind items.
3. Make sure appliances work, and clean everything.
4. 10-30% of retail is a fair price for most items. Tag all items, but be prepared to haggle.
5. Items sorted by size and type and organized on shelves or rack fetch higher prices.
6. Partner with neighbors and split the cost.
7. Check the weather.
8. Make neatly lettered signs to direct traffic to your house.
9. Leftovers: give them away, keep them for another sale, or call a charitable organization for pickup. Keep a list of donated items for your accountant at tax time.
I have found that having items already priced will create more sales since some people don't like to ask for prices.
If you're thinking about cleaning out the house to get your home ready to sell, contact me! I'll help you get your home ready for the market and get it sold as soon as possible!
Enjoy the sunny days ahead!